History

Westmount Bible Chapel dates back to around 1890, where its first meetings were held upstairs at the north-east corner of George St. and Brock in Peterborough, Ontario. After a change in venue, the believers moved into a new chapel built in 1931 on McDonnel at Water.  In 1966 the property was expropriated for the Peterborough Police Headquarters and the present Westmount property was purchased.  The Chapel officially opened on October 6, 1968, to the Glory of God. It is now incorporated as Westmount Bible Chapel of Peterborough Inc. under the Province of Ontario.