We live in a day and age when the gospel has been either obscured, or abandoned altogether. At Westmount Bible Chapel, we are not only centered on the gospel, but we also do so unashamedly (Romans 1:16).
The gospel is simple and straightforward. It is summed up in four points (God, Man, Christ and Sinners) that make a clear presentation of our need and means for salvation. This is the gospel:
Created and Owns Everything
- Genesis 1:1. In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.
- Psalm 24:1. The earth is the Lord’s and all it contains; the world and those who dwell in it.
Is Perfectly Holy
- 1 John 1:5. God is light and in Him there is no darkness at all.
- Psalm 18:30. This God – His way is perfect.
Requires Perfect Obedience to His Law
- Matthew 5:48. Therefore you are to be perfect, as your heavenly Father is perfect.
- James 2:10. For whoever keeps the whole law and yet stumbles in one point has become guilty of all.
Has Broken God’s law
- Romans 3:10. None is righteous, not even one.
- Romans 3:23. For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God.
Will Pay the Eternal Penalty for Sin
- Romans 6:23. The wages of sin is death but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.
Cannot Save Himself by His Good Works
- Isaiah 64:6. All our righteous deeds are like a polluted garment.
- Ephesians 2:8. For by grace one is saved through faith. Not of your own doing, not a result of works.
Came to Earth as Both God and Sinless Man
- Colossians 2:9. For in Jesus all the fullness of deity dwells in bodily form.
Demonstrated God’s Love by Dying on the Cross to Pay Sin’s Penalty
- Romans 5:8. But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.
- 2 Corinthians 5:21. He made Him who knew no sin to be sin on our behalf, so that we might become the righteousness of God in Him.
Rose Again from the Grave and Is Alive Today
- 1 Corinthians 15:4. He was buried and was raised on the third day according to the Scriptures.
Must Repent of All that Dishonours God
- Isaiah 55:7. Let the wicked forsake his way and the unrighteous man his thoughts and let him return to the Lord and he will have compassion on him and to our God for he will abundantly pardon.
- Luke 9:23. Jesus said to them all, “If anyone wishes to come after me he must deny himself and take up his cross daily and follow me.”
Must Believe in Christ as Lord and Saviour
- Romans 10:9. If you confess with your mouth Jesus as Lord and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved.
Will You Repent and Believe in Christ?
- Acts 17:30. Therefore, having overlooked the times of ignorance God is now declaring to men that all people everywhere should repent.